What is High Interest Day?
High Interest Day is one of the most anticipated events of the school year. It is an all school event that takes place in the spring. Parents and outside presenters provide various special interest programs or activities in the classroom. Students have an opportunity to select 3 – 4 topics they would like to learn more about and then move around to those various classrooms for the presentations. It takes many volunteers to make this program a success. Volunteers are needed to teach an activity, help with the organization and planning of the event, assist presenters in the classroom and help at the luncheon that follows the presentations. We are always looking for new and interesting ideas. If you have a special talent you would like to share with the Churchill students, please let us know.
2019 High Interest Day is Friday, March 8th!
We have a few sessions that are popular among the students, but are in need of lead presenters this year:
- Slime Science- a favorite! Lead students as they use science to make a few types of slime. Our previous presenter can give you all the instructions needed. Find a friend and co-lead this session!
- Duct Tape Creations- Help lead students as they make wallets, purses, pencil cases, and other creations out of duct tape.
- Henna- Seeking presenter(s) that are familiar with the history and application of henna.
If you have a passion or idea that you would like to share with the students, please reach out! We love new ideas!
- K AM- Two additional sessions needed- a topic of your choice!
- K PM- Two additional session needed- a topic of your choice!
If you have a topic that you are interested in sharing with our students, please reach out to Leah Harding at leahhays@gmail. com with your idea!